[meteorite-list] Meteorite from Jupiter-- uh, I mean TO Jupiter

From: Mark <mafer_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Wed Jun 21 20:46:03 2006

hmmm...lets do some math
an LL stone is about 3.21 grams per cm cubed...that works out to about 1
pound for just a 1 cm slice of your 30 cm meteorite, is that not correct?
And anything moving at 50 m/s weighing a pound can sure crush a skull if I'm
not mistaken.
A 50 gram stone might only bruise, but a 30 cm stone can kill.
Just get on your house roof with a 1 pound piece of rock and wait for the
little yappy dog from next door to come walking by and see for yourself.

Mark Ferguson who uses Kentucky windage