[meteorite-list] AD- Rare Microporphyry Meteorite and Others

From: Greg Hupe <gmhupe_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Mon Jun 19 12:11:25 2006

Dear List Members,

After taking a few weeks off to enjoy some underwater treasure hunting, I am
back with an extremely rare and exciting offering. It is a new meteorite
which has been classified by Dr. Ted Bunch of NAU as a "Microporphyry".
Basically it is an extremely rare L chondrite microporphyry impact melt
meteorite that is assumed to have been ejected from its parent body during
an impact event. These are typically found as clasts in ordinary chondrites
and is very rare to have one as an individual meteorite as is NWA 2981. It
was a mere 19 grams in a single complete, mostly crusted stone. After
cutting it for the type sample and polishing the cut face, the main mass is
now just 13.9 grams and represents the only specimen available to
collectors. I decided not to cut it any further due to its small size. I
have this listed under my eBay seller name, NaturesVault, and have started
it just 99 cents!!

Here is the direct link to this amazing offering:
NWA 2981 Microporphyry Meteorite 13.9 gram Main Mass
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=6638915585&rd=1&sspagename=STRK%3AMESE%3AIT&rd=1

Here are some more large and interesting meteorites including an excellent
example of "Slickensides":

NWA 2917 LL4 527 grams with SLICKENSIDES (both parts fit together with
opposing slickensided faces)
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=6638932994&rd=1&sspagename=STRK%3AMESE%3AIT&rd=1
NWA 998 Fragment 458mg (started at just 99 cents!!)
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=6638917061&rd=1&sspagename=STRK%3AMESE%3AIT&rd=1
NWA 1877 Olivine Diogenite Fragment 2.958g
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=6638918719&rd=1&sspagename=STRK%3AMESE%3AIT&rd=1
NWA 2921 R3.8 Individual 44.4g (mostly crusted)
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=6638923953&rd=1&sspagename=STRK%3AMESE%3AIT&rd=1
NWA 3118 CV3 6.6g with Large CAI on outside
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=6638925777&rd=1&sspagename=STRK%3AMESE%3AIT&rd=1
NWA 3140 Primitive Ureilite 6g Part Slice (Largest available)
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=6638927165&rd=1&sspagename=STRK%3AMESE%3AIT&rd=1
ORIENTED 279g Shield-Type unclassified meteorite
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=6638933766&rd=1&sspagename=STRK%3AMESE%3AIT&rd=1

These are just a few examples of the auctions I currently have to offer,
most have started at just 99 cents. I also have a number of unclassified
Saharan meteorites running.

To see these and all that I currently have available, click on one of the
above links and then click on "View seller's other items". That, or go to
eBay and search for items by seller, NaturesVault.

I will be out of town from June 20th through June 27th so I will not be able
to answer any emails until I return home.

Best regards,

Greg Hupe
The Hupe Collection
NaturesVault (eBay)