[meteorite-list] Re: Wanted Meteorites with Craters

From: Mike Bandli <fuzzfoot_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Sun Jun 18 00:07:15 2006

I have received several replies from people who misunderstood my original
post and wanted to clarify what I was looking for. By stating 'craters'
several people thought I simply meant regmaglypts or thumbprints - this is
not what I meant.

I am looking for meteorites with actual micrometeoroid impact craters/pits.
These are meteorites that while re-entering or in space had collisions with
micrometeoroids and exhibit an actual impact crater with a splash rim. There
is a great example on Geoff Notkins page here:

http://www.aerolite.org/gallery/sikhote-alin-266-4.htm

and

http://www.aerolite.org/gallery/sikhote-alin-impact-pits.htm

If you don't have any for sale I would still love to get some photos of
examples of micrometeoroid craters on meteorites.

Thanks!
Mike Bandli