[meteorite-list] Re: Norway Meteorite Impact Site Believed to be Found

From: ken newton <magellon_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Wed Jun 14 14:38:13 2006

Deboarh and List,
Speaking of similar stories: A genuine fireball was report on Nov 22,
1996. On December 15, 1996, Associated Press issued a report entitled
"Meteorite blasts 165-foot-wide crater in Honduras". An expedition in
Feb. 1997 (http://www.astro.cz/~borovic/honduras.htm) found landslides
but no crater and no verifiable meteorite. And then in 2002 -
http://home.earthlink.net/~mwnews/01242002.htm.
More stories: http://home.earthlink.net/~magellon/news1.html
Best,
Ken Newton