[meteorite-list] Meteorite List CRUCIAL ISSUE!

From: Michael L Blood <mlblood_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Sat Jun 10 12:39:57 2006

Crucial information for ALL LIST MEMBERS,
        I saw this coming for years: big business has started to attempt
to control the internet - both in terms of content (attitudes, political
expression, etc) and commercially (big business wants to run the show,
folks!) as well as to incorporate "toll booths" (fees for internet access!).
        There IS action being taken:
Tell Your Senators to Support the Internet Freedom Preservation Act of 2006.

While the House of Representatives has just rolled over to big corporations
and passed a telecom "reform" bill with no protections for net neutrality,
our chances are much better in the Senate. Senators Snowe and Dorgan have
introduced S. 2197, the "Internet Freedom Preservation Act of 2006," which
restores key protections for consumers. The bill prohibits preferential
pricing for access tiers, and has a meaningful enforcement mechanism to
deter network discrimination.

Click here to tell your Senators to support this important legislation.
(this will be directed to your senator based on your address):

http://www.workingforchange.com/activism/action.cfm?itemid=20933

        Please take action NOW!
        Sincerely, Michael Blood