[meteorite-list] FW: Lunar and Martian meteorites

From: Michael L Blood <mlblood_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Wed Jun 7 22:46:37 2006

on 6/7/06 4:11 AM, Anita D. Westlake at libawc_at_emory.edu wrote:
> Thanks Walter, and all those who responded. I got about 25 extremely
> positive responses about Eric and his company, and NOT ONE negative
> response. Who says this list is negative? :-) Thanks for being such a great
> resource,
> Anita
-------------
Hi Anita,
        Who says this list is negative? In my experience, that accusation is
made almost exclusively by people who have done things that warranted
criticism by their peers.
        Many of us will point out an outburst of negativity - ie usually mud
slinging involving 2 - sometimes 3 people who start to use the list as
a public spectacle and just won't stop (also known as the quacking ducks).
If that goes on for 8, 10 or even 20 messages, many members will comment
that it needs to stop, but that is about it. The actual accusation of the
list being negative seem to pretty much be limited to those who's own
behavior has drawn criticism to themselves.
        Best wishes, Michael