[meteorite-list] Kerala Red Rain Was From A Comet, Study Suggests

From: Rob McCafferty <rob_mccafferty_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Thu Jun 1 16:05:42 2006

This got really good coverage a while back. I recall
that there was some lepidoptrist (I hope I spelt it
correctly) among us who believed that it was likely
bits of some mass butterfly swarm.

There was also a lot of confusion about why it had
taken them so long to come to any sort of conclusion
as to what these red "cell" were supposed to be.

I looked at a lot of the reports and myself came to
the conclusion that the scientist should at least be
trying to see if they were butterfly related or some
such thing. To the best of my knowledge, they haven't,
though I stopped following as my interest quickly
waned.

All this talk of extra-terrestrial stuff and comet
material is an not some scaly animal stuff of some
sort is a almost certainly a red herring....ahem.

Rob Mc

http://www.chennaionline.com/colnews/newsitem.asp?NEWSID=%7BEC0520F4-92DC-452E-AB55-AD89E642DF32%7D&CATEGORYNAME=National