[meteorite-list] Stardust_at_home Is Launching

From: Ron Baalke <baalke_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Mon Jul 31 19:22:15 2006

Stardust_at_home is launching
UC Berkeley
July 31, 2006

The countdown has begun and we are ready to launch! After months of delays
we are finally ready to begin our search for interstellar particles of dust
trapped in the aerogel collector from NASA's Stardust mission!

The project will officially begin at 11:00 AM Pacific Daylight Time on
August 1st, 2006. An email is being sent to all of our 115,000
pre-registrants to let them know that we are ready to go. All are
welcome to participate whether you pre-registered or not. At 11:00 AM
tomorrow this website will switch over to our newest version featuring
testing and searching using our virtual microscope and real data.

To participate, please point your browser at:

http://stardustathome.ssl.berkeley.edu/