[meteorite-list] NWA 773 lunar pairings

From: Norbert Classen <trifid_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Mon Jul 31 18:14:07 2006

Hi David, Dave, and All,

Yes, this pairing grouplet represents a most heterogenous lunar breccia -
pretty unique. If you'd like to see photos of samples of the respective
members/numbers, please have a look at the "Non-Antarctic Lunar Listing" on
my brand-new website:

http://www.meteoris.de/luna/list-non.html

Go to 6a, 6b, and 6c, and click on the respective specimen weights in the
NCC column to load up high-res pictures in a new window.

BTW, feel free to explore, and to look around on my new site www.meteoris.de
- several pages are still under construction, or have to be added, but I
guess you will enjoy much of the content that's already online.

Best,
Norbert

PS: BIG congrats to Mike, Morten, and Robert on their new find! Can't wait
to see the first pictures of it!

-----David Weir wrote:-----

Dave and List,

I believe you are seeing the individual descriptions of a variety of
clasts comprising a single large fragmental breccia meteorite. The fact
that this was such a fragmental breccia was not made clear until many of
the smaller individual lithologies were found and analyzed and
determined to belong together.

My point about NomCom concerned the issue of whether these new Bulletin
entries (e.g., NWA 2727) would be permitted to include a statement about
its likely pairing to NWA 773. I didn't think that NomCom rules would
permit this, even though it would be beneficial information for which to
have access. As Jeff acknowledged, it would be the professional journals
in which this info would be deseminated.

David