[meteorite-list] Ebay is ripping everybody off at least once! (OT)

From: Johnny Rieben <johnny_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Sat Jul 29 22:03:39 2006

Hello again everybody,

after researching this further it seems the problem is directly related to eBay store
items that were later moved into auctions.

As for eBay supposedly caring about this and wanting to make money...they already have
plenty of money that is the point! When a corporation gets too big it becomes a monopoly
and could care less about the little mice in it's maze. Not to mention that they recently
claimed they had to raise the store fees 500% to cover their server and hosting costs!!!

So it looks to me like they make room on their servers by randomly booting items from the
search. Or maybe it isnt that random...maybe it only happens to people with BASIC store
subscriptions. As we all know greed and power go together and eBay is certainly not immune.

"Absloute power corrupts absolutely!"
(not sure who said that)

Regards,

Johnny