[meteorite-list] Norway CO3 Fall

From: meteoritehunter_at_comcast.net <meteoritehunter_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Fri Jul 28 11:35:49 2006

Time for another meteorite report from Norway.
Well, we lost one team member as Bob Haag bugged out and flew back to Tucson today. We have been wlaking, hiking, swimming, and driving all over the fall area with still no luck. This area is awful for meteorite hunting. We know another piece was found but no information.
We have a feature article coming out tomorrow in the regional newspaper, and Haag, Karl, Ward, and myself were on the Norway national news last night. It should drum up some information. The locals are also beggining to come home from vacations, so I expect some more homes and gardens were hit by falling stars!
I expect so spend until Tuesday here, then it is on to Sweden for some serious Muonionalusta digging! So as it stands, the newest meteorite fall is a tough nut to crack and not something that will be flooding the market anytime soon.
Michael Farmer
Moss, Norway.