[meteorite-list] Warning: ebay second chance offer scam

From: info_at_niger-meteorite-recon.de <info_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Thu Jul 27 04:13:46 2006

List,

Since 22nd of July several ebay users who bid on our 1.78 kg Hanbury iron meteorite received a "2nd chance offer" on that item. The scam was sent in html format and has the ebay layout with most of the usual links included.

The receivers are asked to accept the 2nd chance offer and pay their bid.

This offer is a scam, the item has regularly been sold to the highest bidder.

Those concerned please report any such email to ebay's security desk. We did so as well repeatedly but only received useless auto replys from ebay's security department. No action has been taken into consideration on the side of ebay. This is why we decided to issue this public warning on the list.

Thanks for your help

Svend

www.niger-meteorite-recon.de