[meteorite-list] Rocks From Space Picture of the Day - July 16, 2006

From: Peter Marmet <p.marmet_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Sun Jul 16 19:09:33 2006

Hi Darren,

many thanks for your e-mail!
Actually I know that Peter means stone (Pierre, the French Peter is
still today exactly the same word for stone, isn't it Pierre-
Marie?!))...but strangely
I have never thought about it. Another interesting coincidence(?) is,
that the second half of my family name MarMET ist the first part of
METeorites...
so there's nothing I can do about it...I HAVE to collect those ET's:-)!

Best regards,

Peter MARMET