[meteorite-list] Man in Norway 2 m from meteorite falling on Friday!

From: Bjorn Sorheim <astrogeo_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Sun Jul 16 15:24:44 2006

List,
Here are some images photographed off the TV-screen
on this story from NRK.
Sorry about the quality. I'm sure the story will be covered with
good photos quite soon now. (My images are large!)

http://home.online.no/~bsoerhei/astro/meteor/060714

The man was inside and first heard a rumbling sound, went outside,
heard a whistling sound, then a piece hit the corrugated iron
2 m from him, and slid along the length of the iron plate.
They do look like true typical chondrites, I would say.

(I found one local newspaper that covered the story but no photos and in
norwegian.)

Bj?rn S?rheim,
in Norway