[meteorite-list] Re: one last time on this subject

From: Jason Utas <meteoritekid_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Sat Jul 15 22:45:25 2006

Mine too.

>>Really? I'll stick with the classification that Blaine showed me....I've
>>never seen a fine-grained, achondritic (completely recrystallized) H5-6.
>>If
>>you said H7 I might believe you, but you don't even know what was there,
so
>>don't try to pass it off as something else.

>I do know what was there because I saw it myself and I just got off the
>phone with Blaine to verify that I was indeed thinking about the same stone
>before opening my big mouth on the list. It's an H6 according to NAU,
>regardless of what you think it may be.

Huh. The one I'm thinking of sold before the show was over. Guess you've
got a different one.

>>You might have misunderstood. The pieces outside of Mike Farmer's room
>>were
>>a pair that fit together. Neither of them showed any fresh breaks, as
both
>>displayed complete desert-varnished exteriors. They totalled about 3-4kg.
>>The seller wanted, a few $ a gram - he knew what it was.

>Ok, so then it wasnt lost in a OC bin, was it?

Well, that single one was recognized as something different. $2/g for a
Ureilite though...not bad.

>>Regarding your stone of 9.3kg, I fail to see why anyone would break it up
>>sell it if they then proceeded to sell kg sized chunks at $.20/g prices.
>>The seller of the Ureilite about which I'm speaking didn't know what he
had
>>in his bins.

>the fragments Mike Martinez had came from the 9.3kg stone I have photos of.
>period. your failure to see is irrelevant.

Your point is mute. He still bought them for pennies on the dollar.

>>Your point?

>that despite how good you might think you are everyone can be wrong some
>times. As you are on the acapulcoite.

Eh, maybe, maybe not. Depends about which stone you're speaking, but I
could be in the wrong here, I admit the possibility's there.

>>So you're *probably* not a director? Um, maybe I'm missing something, but
>>really don't think you are.
>>And secondly, all you're doing is ranting theories about how Marvin
>>Killgore, a meteorite collector, is going to drive meteorite prices for
>>collectors through the roof.
>>I've spoken to him and heard what he plans. That's not probability my
>>friend, that's solid information. If you chose not to accept it, again, I
>>don't see why I'm even writing this.

>I HAVE spoken to Marvin, and as i dont belive in commenting on private
>discussion in public without the involvment of said person, i'll simply say
>that we do not share the same conclusion based upon what we have been told.
>Infact some of the things he has said run completly contrary to your
>personal 'guarantees'

Good, good. Well then, I wouldn't start accusing them of anything. If you
state your 'what if' theories as accusations rather than questions, it might
just make some people reply in a fashion that you didn't intend.
And again, assuming he didn't lie to me, my guarentees will hold. We'll
just have to see, eh?
It's not like this argument will effect the development of the program in
any way shape or form anyways...it'll just go on regardless of what you or I
say here.

And I take it that you aren't really on the board after all...just ignore
that bit I guess ;)

Jason Utas