[meteorite-list] AD: Thin Sections, Festival Cancel Items

From: MARK BOSTICK <thebigcollector_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Fri Jul 14 23:17:30 2006

Hello Everyone,

A few items to tempt you.

I had a few pamphlets, programs and postcards canceled at the 2006 Meteorite
Festival. Only 3-4 programs. A pamphlet and program is listed below and
ends tomorrow. It is my hope that sales from the cancelled items cover my
cost of going to the event and everything.

2006 Kansas Meteorite Festival Canceled Event Pamphlet
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=300005900815

2006 Kansas Meteorite Festival Canceled Event Program
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=300005905144

And some thin sections. These thin sections were made by the same people
that NAU uses, I am sure some of you recognize the labels. They are all
high quality and for the most part, thin sections that have not been
offered. Funds from the thin sections will go the Kansas Meteorite Society
fund, not that we the Red Cross, but we have been pretty busy lately so your
interest is appreciated.

The first is Essex. I wrote a little article on Essex for the May 2004
Meteorite Times shown here, http://www.meteoritearticles.com/Essex.html

Then I also helped the finder sell a couple slices, but he turned down my
offer for the stone. He did however, as thanks, make my a necklace of the
meteorite. The first in a collection of meteorite necklaces made by the
finder that I own. About a year later (?). I got a phone call and purchased
the stone. While we (Kansas Meteorite Society) still owns the main mass, we
will likely cut it soon for a museum trade.

Essex California H5 Meteorite Thin Section
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=300007810457

The Wild Horse we purchased from a list member, who's well known meteorite
hunting family got from the finder. I was amazed how nice the chondrules
are on this H5. I showed some images of the meteorite to Jack Murphy noting
such and he suggested I send a piece to Rubin. It was a while before we cut
the stone, but we did end up sending Rubin a thin section and a small part
slice. The chondrules are so nice I was hoping it was an H3.9 or the like,
but figured it had to be min. an H4. Rubin agreed, H4. I forwarded the
information to Jack Murphy a year or so ago, who is working on a Colorado
meteorite catalog, so I imagine he will include a note in the book when
published.

Wild Horse, Colorado H5 Meteorite Thin Section - SEE
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=290008051867

The Wichita meteorite. I could type quiet a bit on this stone. Those
casually reading this would likely prefer I just give a link to my Meteorite
Times article. So I will.
http://www.meteoritearticles.com/wichitaexperience.html

A free Wichita meteorite postcard comes with this auction.

Wichita, Kansas Meteorite Thin Section + Postcard
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=300007812073

I don't think I have to tell anyone on the list about the Gold Basin
meteorite. How about I offer a free postcard if a list member purchases the
thin section. And reminds me...:^)

Gold Basin L4 Meteorite Thin Section, High Quality
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=290008050504

Over 1400 auctions running.....

http://stores.ebay.com/MeteoriteArticles

Clear Skies,