[meteorite-list] AD: METEORITE CLASSIFICATION SERVICE

From: MARK BOSTICK <thebigcollector_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Wed Jul 12 15:34:31 2006

Hello Michael,

I am not involved in any way with the deal Dean arranged for classifications
and I hope it is alright to disagree.

I signed a list to be notified when they got things going as I stated and
have not been notified. We have discussed Marvin's possible classification
service on the list a couple times and have not gotten a response from him.

But yes, checking out Marvin's services can't hurt. Although I would think
it is Marvin's job to let us know his door is open rather then for someone
like me to check on it. And I did call the center a couple months ago and
never heard back, so I hope you have better luck with your call.

I think the University of Arizona Southwest Meteorite Center might be a
great thing.....and I was not one of those that questioned it in Tucson,
although several others were. The guests they brought to your auction is a
great example of what the Meteorite Center can do. I look forward to seeing
what role they will play for our community.

But I would still suggest using the cheapest service so far advertised
(Dean's), over a service that had not explained itself. You will not see me
sending anyone to a service that has not explained the fees involved and the
service rendered.

Now if they do make their prices much lower then everyone else and get a
fast turnaround, I will likely change tunes.

Clear Skies,
Mark Bostick
Wichita, Kansas