[meteorite-list] Meteorite Classification

From: AstronomicalResearchNetwork <arn1200_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Wed Jul 12 14:50:05 2006

Meteorite Classification
        This might be a good time to announce that in about 2 weeks
I will be making a major change to my website . For the past 2 years
or more I have been working on a set of
Guidelines for Meteorite classification . The first version of that was
to be on our CD Space Rocks V and still will be but I think it needs
as wide a viewing and review as possible . Over the past 2 years I have
asked for help in doing this project without much success . Lots of long
hours and hard work have brought me to this stage . So I plan to
make available to everyone via the Website . This is not an Ad it is Free !

The first version will be rough and I an sure filled with needed updates
and corrections but it is a start for a Set of Guidelines ! The study of
Meteorites is a Science not just an art . Therefore it is necessary that
Guidelines however changing they may be should be put in print for anyone
to study !!
    After the site is up I welcome Ideas and help and corrections but if you wish
just to complain you are not welcome . I am in need of many things one of
which is Good pictures of various types of chondrules such as PP, PO, POP
BO, Poikilite , RP, GO, GOP and others . If you can help please email me off
the list . Right now the update consists of at least 12 more Htmls added to my site.
Yesterday I just took a bad fall while trying to take a photograph of a chondrule
Ugh ! Work will continue and the site should be up in about 2 weeks .

More information latter Ken Regelman . Astronomical Research Network
PS I started ARN in 1989 and it has been a blast ever since !
http://www.meteorites4sale.net/