[meteorite-list] NOVA ScienceNow Vodcast at Coyote Dry Lake

From: Matson, Robert <ROBERT.D.MATSON_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Sun Jul 2 20:14:23 2006

Hi All,

A colleague of mine located a YouTube copy of my short (4-minute)
PBS NOVA ScienceNow segment filmed with Neil deGrasse Tyson early
this year at Coyote Dry Lake in southern California:

<http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ynkh9exT7t4
<http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ynkh9exT7t4> >

This was intended to air in October on PBS as a subject tangentially
related to the close approach of near-earth asteroid 99942 Apophis
in 2029. However, each segment on ScienceNow is only 12 minutes
long, and unfortunately my shots didn't survive the editing process.
However, the producer did tell me that they would include some of
the Coyote footage on the PBS website, and sure enough it was
posted in early June. Anyway, I thought those of you who have
paid a visit to Coyote in the past would enjoy seeing the location
immortalized by NOVA. ;-) --Rob