FW: [meteorite-list] Email from Serge & Comet Meteorite Shop

From: Norbert Classen <trifid_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Sat Jul 1 10:29:49 2006

Dear List Members,

Thanks for all your kind replies on Serge's post, and my email - I will
forward all your posts to Serge, ASAP.

Zelimir Gabelica, the organizer of the Ensisheim show, also sent me a reply,
and since he's not able to post directly to the list, he asked me to forward
it to you. See his email, below.

Best,
Norbert Classen

Hi Norbert and List,

Norbert, thanks for this very important info.
Most of us in Ensisheim were wondering indeed what happened with Serge (our
current guest) this year but no one was sure whether it was wise to talk
more in depth about that sad event (Serge's problems in his country).
As this info is now more "official" (through your post & further rumors),
here are some further comments from my side.

As show organizer and personal friend of Serge, I was contacted in due time
by him (through some exotic mail on which he was free to write) and told
about "his big problems in Russia" and his "impossibility to be with us
again this year".
His friends Dmitrij (Dima) Kachalin + wife, Slavomir (Slava) Skorniakov,
perhaps some other, were "in the same situation" and could not come either.

However Serge proposed that "Comet Meteorite Shop" is again represented in
Ensisheim in 2006 and that his table is held by another friend of him,
Dmitrij (Dima) Siderenko + a colleague.
Dima & friend (can't remember exactly his name for now) showed up in
Ensisheim on Friday as we agreed, and receptioned the 2 big parcels of about
25 kg each, obviously full of meteorites, sent earlier to me "by Serge & co"
from "a certain country" that obviously was not Russia.

All went well, Dima & friend had a good time and sold well many of their
superb meteorites (mostly from Oman).
Dima's smile and kindness were unanimoisly appreciated (see his photo on
Peter Marmet's site, Ensisheim 2006 report, part 1, picture entitled "Anne
Black and a russian meteorite dealer", taken during the Friday party).

I did not want to bother Dima more about Serge's problems, believing that
they decided it was wiser to remain silent about a situation that, if
extensively debated, could potentially do some more harm to Serge.
I met again Dima and 2 other of his friends from Russia at Ste Marie e few
days later and learned a little more about "the situation in Russia",
roughly the same as explained by Norbert here.

The good news, that duly confirms that the rumor "we won't see the Russians
again at future shows" isn't true, is that all of Serge's freinds are
strongly convinced that Serge will re-appear soon again on the meteorite
scene, among us, perhaps in Munich, most probably in 2007 (Tucson?).
Could this new rumor become true!
At least, we now have another appreciated partner, Dima Siderenko, within
the "CMS" friendly team.

Norbert, I still have problems to send my posts to the List so please send a
copy of this mail both to Serge and List.

Thank you and my best wishes to all,

Zelimir
Prof. Zelimir Gabelica
Universit? de Haute Alsace