[meteorite-list] Newest Lunar meteorite on show at the Tucson Gem show.

From: Michael Farmer <meteoritehunter_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Fri Jan 27 23:34:49 2006

Hi everyone.
It has been an extremely hectic and busy week in Tucson, Eric Olsen, Jim
Strope and I, have been setting up our room and shopping, so no report from
Tucson until now.

First thing first. Jim Strope and I have purchased the newest Lunar
meteorite to grace private collections. It is NWA 2995, a simply
unbelievably beautiful Lunar breccia. So fresh it is Weathering 0-1, and so
gorgeous it took my breath away. We bought the stone on the spot.
It weighs 538 grams total, and is so fresh and full of clasts, that when
sliced, it will likely be among the most beautiful Lunar meteorite ever
offered to collectors.
http://www.meteoriteguy.com/collection/nwa2995.htm

Let us know what you think about this!

See for yourself, then come to Inn Suites, Room 184 and see it in person.
It will blow your mind. While none will be available for sale until after
the show, we will have more Lunar and Mars specimens in our room that will
likely be available in all of the rest of the rooms in Tucson.

Now for the rest of the show. Technically, it opens tomorrow, so some rooms
are still not open, but many are, so we have been running all over the city
back and forth looking for goodies. I have already scored some of the best
flight-oriented Sikhote-Alin meteorites that could exist. We also have 3-5
kilo Pallasite slices. The shipment from DHL arrived today, so Sunday we
will have over 500 kilos of solid, handpicked NWA chondrites for sale, more
than anywhere. I have seen very little available at any Moroccan tables.

Steve Arnold is set up, and has more Brenham than has ever been seen in one
place, and I must admit, I might be a tad jealous of the oriented one on
display, it is a stunning find of a lifetime. I wonder if Steve will ever
top that? And if he does, I have to see that.

Anyway, I am tired, and have a ton of work to do tonight, so this will end
my first Tucson report.