[meteorite-list] The most beautifull fresh and oriontedpallasiteever seen

From: Michael Farmer <meteoritehunter_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Wed Jan 25 09:45:48 2006

I understand, but you sent it, and I replied to it.
There is like .0001 % chance of that iron being pallasite. He shows one
inclusion that could be a crystal, but looks like a white or yellow crusty
thing, not a pallasite crystal.

On orientation, too many people try to pawn everything off as oriented.
Different regmaglypts, flat surface, or different crust do not make
orientaion. SHAPE does. Is there a nose? Are there flow lines from front to
back? Is there a rollover rim?
Habibi's has none of those things, just a very nice shape and nice deep
regmaglypts, nice iron, not the slightest hint of orientation though.
http://209.238.151.128/sa9.htm
These are oriented, not the nose, flow lines going from the front to back,
rollover lipping, concave backside.
That is oriented.
Mike Farmer