[meteorite-list] Stardust SRC Hot to the touch?

From: Chris Peterson <clp_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Wed Jan 18 14:57:42 2006

LOL.

I was kind of thinking along those same lines. But to be fair, certification
programs like UL, T?V, and CSA normally treat 42?C (108?F) as the maximum
allowable temperature most devices are allowed to reach without concern for
tissue damage. To be compliant with industrial safety standards, NASA really
does need to require its employees to wear gloves when handling 60?C objects
(and that is uncomfortably warm to those who don't spend their days washing
dishes).

Chris

Chris L Peterson
Cloudbait Observatory