[meteorite-list] Bolides

From: Chris Peterson <clp_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Tue Jan 17 12:26:46 2006

Peekskill had an initial mass of about 10 tons, so it had an almost 2 meter
diameter.

Less is known about the Grand Teton object. Depending on its composition,
its size could have been as low as 3 meters, up to perhaps 15 meters. It was
certainly a larger object than Peekskill.

The Grand Teton event and Peekskill were both Earth grazing collisions, the
Peekskill obviously slightly less grazing.

Chris

Chris L Peterson
Cloudbait Observatory
http://www.cloudbait.com