[meteorite-list] Lunar/Meteorite Samples Stolen from Car in Virginia

From: Darren Garrison <cynapse_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Fri Jan 13 22:37:11 2006

On Fri, 13 Jan 2006 20:48:56 -0500, "Pete Pete" <rsvp321_at_hotmail.com> wrote:

>Likely tossed in a garbage bin somewhere, worthless gravel to the typical
>pea-brained criminal thinking he scored a laptop.

Yeah, that's what I'm thinking. If I were in Virginia Beach, I'd be doing some serious dumpster
diving!

I found it odd that they had to add the line "The samples pose no risk to the public". Did the
writer have to have it explained to him that meteorites/lunar samples aren't made from friggin'
plutonium, and decided he needed to pass that reassurance along?