[meteorite-list] american meteorite museum

From: meteoriteplaya_at_comcast.net <meteoriteplaya_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Thu Jan 12 09:32:51 2006

Hi Steve

You wrote
<Good morning list.I,we all know what happened to the OLD A M M.It literally fell apart.But I seem to remember reading that it was rebuilt in another location.Am I correct???>

Yes you are correct. I have a web page that shows the building in Sedona. The page is based on the different postcards that were issued by Nininger to sell at his shop.
http://jensenmeteorites.com/Postcards/american_meteorite_museum.htm
There are also 3 photos in Find a Falling Star. One from inside the museum (p 150) by MC and two from Sedona (p 223 & 224). Just for fun you can compare the photos to the postcard images and see some of the same items on the wall.

<If so,what ever happened to that building?And where was it located>
The building is still there. I have a friend who has told me he saw it recently. I hope to stop by some day and will snap a picture and add it to my web page.

?>Anything from nininger always has my attention.>
Mine too. Especially stuff that was produced at his museum.
Mike