[meteorite-list] Photos of people in the meteorite community

From: Michael L Blood <mlblood_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Mon Jan 9 20:44:53 2006

Hi All,
        After many hours, I have some photos up and all the photos
I have received with first names beginning with "A" through "E."
I also have done all of the photoshop work on ALL photos that have
come in.
        Thank you to all who have sent photos.
        Below is a link to check what is up so far. By clicking on the
small photo of an individual you will open a new page with the
largest version I could make while still keeping the pxl count remotely
decent.
        Anyone who would like to replace a photo that is already up, please
send me the new JPG for consideration. Spelling corrections are highly
encouraged. Of course, those who are not "up" at all are HIGHLY encouraged
to send in photos right away.
        Now, for those who haven't sent in a photo - or who's photo is not
very good..... here are a list of the problems to AVOID:

*****Mistakes Most Frequently Made When Submitting Photos****

- Photos of you AT A DISTANCE, sitting in a canoe, kissing a bear, etc. All
these are interesting, but I am looking for portrait photos - specifically
so people can see what the guy looks like who writes all the posts to the
list or is a dealer, or whatever. What they want to see is what you looks
like, not interesting things you do. (we all like that, too, but this is to
get a visual image of one another)
So, the closest you have to a PORTRAIT type photo, the better.

- Small photos - low pxl count - send me the largest file you have. (I have
cable download and will "size" the photo in a "For the Web" format for
quick download / viewing, but I need to start with a decent size. It is very
frustrating to receive a photo - especially when it is a nice photo - which
is only one inch by one inch!

- Backlit photos, Sun Glasses, Hats/Caps that put your face in shade....
        All things that obscure your face are problematic if the purpose is
for people to see what you look like. If you are going to rob a bank, they
are excellent. So, if you have a photo of you wearing a cap which puts
your face in the shade AND you are wearing sun glasses - you're all
set for a bank robbery, but not a friendly photo..... you get the idea (?)

    "Best" photo to date goes to Twink Monrad. She submitted a photo
that clearly shows her face, yet it was taken in a very attractive setting
framed with natural palo verde tree trunks - check it out - and all the
photos up SO FAR (many more to come soon) at:

http://www.michaelbloodmeteorites.com/MeteoriteFriends.html

    Whadda ya think so far?
    Michael

--
The thing that sometimes has me hazy is whether it is them or I that's
crazy.