[meteorite-list] Call for Photos

From: Michael L Blood <mlblood_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Sun Jan 8 18:45:12 2006

Hi Sergey,
        Thanks for the offer, but for the following reasons, I think I will
stick with the process I am in now:

1) Many people will not send in a photo - even though they already
have a photo or photos on the internet from articles I have written
in the past or from Tucson Trips, etc. If they are already on the net, I
feel free to use the photo again, but, of course, will immediately take it
down if anyone should request I do so. The point is, I can get many
times the photos even of people who do not respond to this particular
request.

2) Many of the photos people submit are inappropriate - ie they are
back lit, a large scene as opposed to a portrait, not terribly flattering,
and/or poorly taken and greatly improved by working it over in
photoshop - not available for people submitting directly.

3) I already have about 25 hrs invested and am not terribly drawn to
abandoning the project now.

4) Pierre-Marie PELE offered me the opportunity to use any of the JPGs
on his site to fill in any I didn't already have. (Thanks, Pierre!)

        So, thanks, again, but I will go with the site I currently have in
process.
        NOTE: Once this is up anyone is welcome to send in a better photo,
one with better pixle count, correct my spelling, request removal, send
in photos if they didn't get "up" the first time around, etc. If you haven't
sent in a photo yet, please do. Portrait types are preferred. Please just
attach as JPG and I have no trouble downloading it.
        Best wishes, Michael