[meteorite-list] Doom From The Sky

From: Kevin Forbes <vk3ukf_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Sat Jan 7 12:28:58 2006

Hi List, quite a few years ago now, the U.S. suspected and/or accused South
Afica of testing nuclear weapons in it's vicinity. To the Sth East of South
Africa in the Indian Ocean. I believe the Vela satellites had nothing to do
with this, as they detected gamma ray bursts. This event produced shock
waves detectable at a great distance, and some merchant vessels in the area
also reported a disturbance. It was in the megaton range.
It was later proved to meteoric in origin.
Kevin