[meteorite-list] fukang (the neverending thread)/what countryisthe hardest to get meteorites from?

From: Michael L Blood <mlblood_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Fri Jan 6 17:07:55 2006

Hi John,
        Not to be in any way opositional - just out of interest, I heard the
Tucson area IS either "the tropics" or the "semi-tropics" based on
the monsoons (August) combined with the significant rains in the
winter.
        While most months of the year have a humidity of about 2%
(you can literally hang up a load of laundry and take it down in
ONE action - I have done so many times - and if you spill a glass of
water it is a waste of time to wipe it up, as it will evaporate in a
very few minutes - people who have not lived there don't believe
these statements, but I assure you they are accurate - not only are
your first clothes dry by the time you are hanging your last clothes,
unless you use downy or the like, they are BONE DRY STIFF!) (we are
talking 5 or ten minutes, folks.... very impressive.
        However, in August the humidity is in the high 90s as well as
during the winter rainy season.
        Best wishes, Michael

on 1/6/06 10:20 AM, JKGwilliam at h3chondrite_at_cox.net wrote:

> That may be true, but I doubt anyone who lives in the deserts of Arizona
> would agree that we live in a "tropical" climate.
>
> Best,
>
> JKGwilliam
>
> At 08:14 AM 1/6/2006, M come Meteorite Meteorites wrote:
>> not sure from me....a person live in Arizona have a "
>> little " difference on humidity from one live in
>> Venice....
>>
>> Matteo
>>
>> --- Marcin Cimala <marcin_at_meteoryt.net> ha scritto:
>>
>>> Matteo, how in Tropical climate humidity can be 0 ?
>>>
>>> -----[ MARCIN CIMALA ]-----[ I.M.C.A.#3667 ]-----
>>> http://www.Meteoryt.net
>>> marcin_at_meteoryt.net
>>> http://www.PolandMET.com marcin_at_polandmet.com

--
The thing that sometimes has me hazy is whether it is them or I that's
crazy.