[meteorite-list] Fukang meteorite

From: Arizona Skies Meteorites <johnbirdsell_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Fri Jan 6 00:10:45 2006

Hi Ken and all...There has been some confusion
surrounding the stability of this meteorite. It sounds
as though you may have one of the weathered exterior
pieces that were broken off by one of the list
members. These were fairly weathered and when cut are
not that stable. The interior pieces on the other hand
are quite stable. As I recall, there were some
exterior pieces at the Tucson show last year, and
those are undoubtedly the ones that were less stable.
We have had very good luck with interior pieces, so
when you're shopping, make sure you get the interior!

Cheers

-John & Dawn

--- AstronomicalResearchNetwork