[meteorite-list] Pasamonte stone!

From: Impactika_at_aol.com <Impactika_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Tue Jan 3 01:07:43 2006

In a message dated 1/2/2006 9:53:42 P.M. Mountain Standard Time,
meteoritehunter_at_comcast.net writes:
Well, after 9 years of dealing and collecting meteorites, I have finally
succeeded in getting a complete Pasamonte stone! I recently bought a stone
from a collector, with British Museum label, 39 grams, Nininger #197V
British Museum # 1959-756.
http://www.meteoriteguy.com/collection/pasamonte.htm
Check it out and tell me what you think.
I am stoked about adding this rare little puppy to my "new" collection.

I just finished reading the section in "Find a Falling Star", about the
Pasamonte fall, and I am sitting here with the book, and the story written
50 years ago, and holding one of Nininger's stones! Red it on pages 65-70.
This is what I love about meteorites, reading the history, I can almost see
myself standing there with Nininger, asking so many people about the
fireball, excited and anxious about tracking down the meteorite that he knew
was close-by.

Michael Farmer

A couple years ago during a local mineral show, a young woman asked me if I
had a piece of the Pasamonte meteorite, I did, just a micro and she bought it.
I asked her why she was interested by that meteorite in particular. She told
me she had just finished writing the history of the family that had owned
the Pasamonte Ranch when the meteorite fell, it was her thesis for a PhD in
History. We talked quite a while longer, and she finally mailed a copy of her
thesis to me. Very interesting.
BTW: would you like to guess where that family lived before they bought the
Pasamonte Ranch?
PARAGOULD. And they spent some time in Texline too!!! Weird!

Anne M. Black
www.IMPACTIKA.com
IMPACTIKA_at_aol.com
President, I.M.C.A. Inc.