[meteorite-list] NWA 2736 - Aubrite or not??

From: Adam Hupe <raremeteorites_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Sat Feb 25 14:11:17 2006

Stan Asked if somebody had a picture of this stuff.

The high degree of weathering, subparallel oxide veins and relic chondrules
suggest it may be the same EL6/7 material that has surfaced recently. I
think somebody purchased the vast majority (about 70 Kilograms) of it from
the Aronsons in Tucson. I found a few pieces in mixed batches and submitted
them to the University of Washington for their thoughts. I did not take a
picture of this material since it was submitted with several other samples
at the same time. It may become the first EL Metachondite but I think relic
chondrules would disqualify it as such.

Take Care,

Adam