AW: [meteorite-list] Poll : Online Encyclopedia of Meteorites

From: Martin Altmann <altmann_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Fri Feb 24 10:39:40 2006

Yep Mike,

But such a huge aim, a work of decades, strongly depends on our support,
especially as far as pictures are concerned (that's why I made the
suggestion of enormous fees, which could deducted by each pic handed in).
Also I know that many collectors like to document their specimens with
secondary material as comprehensive as possible. Would be great if they
could contribute too.

I hope that with Pierre's effort we all would be not so phlegmatic, as we
were with similar projects.
Remember Bernhard Rems' "world of meteorites", which had to shut down,
because almost nobody was interested in.
(Btw where is he? He doesn't answer on Emails anymore, but I saw that he has
running a blog).

And hey David, don't bother, I thought only, if that work will be
encyclopaedic, then sooner or later a chapter about the systematics of
meteorites would be necessary.
Thus for Pierre not torturing himself, and who could best your Studies,
I think one could link them there.
And finally, as you are always up to date with the recent publications, you
could help him from time to time to update the NWA-pairings....

Just ideas.
Martin

-----Urspr?ngliche Nachricht-----