[meteorite-list] a reply to Hupe and Farmer

From: Adam Hupe <raremeteorites_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Thu Feb 23 12:56:33 2006

Hi Edwin and List,

I do not know why you dragged my name into this unproductive argument. I
restrained myself from making a single comment but since you brought my name
into it, I will respond.

First of all, I think it is very unprofessional spreading rumors around
about having planetary pieces. To me, this is no joking matter. My brother
and I have spent a fortune putting together a planetary collection
consisting of five unpaired Martian and three unpaired Lunar meteorite main
masses. This was by no means an easy collection to put together and to have
somebody falsely claiming to have two new planetary main masses is
irresponsible. I think it is best to wait for lab results and do your
bragging later.

Second of all, I heard about the two "planetary" pieces while enjoying
myself at the Reed's room. The two individuals who told me about them said
that you said they were definitely confirmed. I wasted time and gasoline to
come over and check out what was obviously a Diogenite and a Eucrite. I
wonder how many other people went out of their way to see the same thing.
Patrons of the show have enough to look at and don't need to waste their
time on B.S.

Take Care,

Adam Hupe
The Hupe Collection