[meteorite-list] Fukang Pallasite & Chinga Ungrouped?

From: Mike Fowler <mqfowler_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Sat Feb 18 14:19:56 2006

Hi List,

I have a Chinga Iron in my collection listed as IVB Anomalous.
According to this abstract, Chinga is Ungrouped. Is this the latest
consensus? If so I will need a different meteorite to represent the
IVB group in my collection.

> Lunar and Planetary Science XXXVII (2006) sess454.pdf
> Honesto J. * McDonough W. F. Walker R. J. Corrigan C. M.
> McCoy T. J. Chabot N. L. Ash R. D.
>
> 187 Re-187Os Isotopic and Highly Siderophile Element Systematics of
> Group IVB Irons, and Ungrouped Irons
> Chinga, Tishomingo and Willow Grove [#1374]
> IVB irons and the ungrouped irons Chinga, Tishomingo and Willow
> Grove were analyzed for HSE abundances
> and 187Re-187Os systematics. Chinga and Willow Grove cannot be
> related to the IVBs by igneous fractionation.
> Tishomingo is more ambiguous.

Regarding the Fukang Pallasite, Arizona Skies states on their web
site that Fukang is Ungrouped. This is news to me. I searched the
internet and could find no info. Can any one confirm the official
classification of this pallasite? Of course, if it is ungrouped,
I'll have to add it to my collection as well!

Mike Fowler
Chicago

55 unique planetary bodies represented in my collection and counting!

PS Of course, I went to David Weir's Meteorite Studies site first to
get his take on these two irons, but neither one is listed yet!