[meteorite-list] Cherry Picked and the meteorite tree!

From: michel FRANCO <michel_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Fri Feb 17 07:24:58 2006

Dear list,

I was a former hunter. I have some experience of blind searches in baren
areas.
Let me share my experiences with some of you, beloved list members, who
want to know the secret to find BEST meteorites.

1. Go nowhere ( just nearby anywhere)
2. Find a meteorite tree. Beware that your tree is heavily loaded with
ripe meteorites. Soory I had a hard drive computer carsh and have no
saved photos of the tree.
3. Gently shake it. ( you may spread a camel woolen blanket below the
tree to preserve the desert varnish )
4. With a showel, make a pile of ripe meteorites.
5. Wear a pair of rubber gloves.
6. Select a meteorite and carefully take it between you fingers.
7. You have just created a cheery picked meteorite!
8. Change desert varnish into fusion crust
9. Take a photo with a GPS nearby. Fortunatly, the photo with the GPS
and the cheery picked fusion crusted meteorite was still in the memory
of the camera.
10. Look at your face in a mirror.

My 2 cents.

Michel FRANCO