[meteorite-list] Acapulcoites and NWA 725

From: bernd.pauli_at_paulinet.de <bernd.pauli_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Wed Feb 15 16:01:14 2006

Stan and David kindly wrote:

As for NWA 725, here are the details as Stan shared them with me:

Recent O-isotopic analysis of a probable paired stone...by the Open
University resolves the material clearly within the winonaite field.

Hello List,

Does anyone have a NWA 725 thin section and a winonaite thin section?
Maybe they could share their observations and conclusions with the List!

Just a few hours ago we were discussing the problems that may arise when
trying to "pair" meteorites, especially NWA's (from multiple sources). The
"infamous" NWA 869-ers I own and that I have seen look so different I can
hardly believe all of them are NWA 869. So, maybe Stan's paired stone and
the *original* Tissemoumine (NWA 725) are not the same material?!?

Bernd