[meteorite-list] Rocks From Space Picture of the Day - February 9, 2006

From: Martin Horejsi <accretiondesk_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Thu Feb 9 13:10:14 2006

Hi Matteo and All,

I too have a slice of the Krasnojarsk pallasite from the Chladni
collection. And an added bonus is that when I was in Tucson in the
Southwest Meteorite Center's room, I noticed that their huge and
wonderful poster of the timeline of meteoritics began with my slice of
Krasnojarsk.

In the upper left-hand corner of the poster is a picture of "A small
slice of the Pallas Iron" which I thought looked very familiar. I took
a pic of the pic and compared it to my slice when I got home. Yup.
that's mine! Cool!

Here are the pics for you to compare should have an interest in seeing
for yourself.

http://www.geocities.com/planetwhy/kras.html

Cheers,

Martin