[meteorite-list] Long Island meteorite

From: Bob Evans <bobe5531_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Tue Feb 7 23:30:05 2006

Hello,
Im currently working on obtaining a specimen of the Long Island meteorite
from a museum collection and I was wondering how much exists in private
collections.
I seen the main mass ( over 1000 lbs ) on Monday. When the mass hit the
ground is maintained 3 large fragments intact while several hundred lbs were
shattered and strew upon the immediate impact area. Many fragments have
flowlines and regmaglyphts. Hopefully I will get one or more of these
fragments.
So if you have any in your collection, please let me know. I want to see if
there is any in private collections.

Thanks
Bob