[meteorite-list] Re: New Lunar? New Continent

From: M come Meteorite Meteorites <mcomemeteorite2004_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Wed Feb 1 06:57:08 2006

I no understand what waith Dr.Korotev to analyzed the
fake boggy creek lunar meteorite and close the mouth
to DeRusse and his fake infotmations...

Matteo

(http://gsa.confex.com/gsa/2004AM/finalprogram/abstract_76183.htm)

(http://epsc.wustl.edu/admin/resources/meteorites/granada.htm)

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=6601599997)

(http://home.earthlink.net/~ebaywrong/auction/Chicxulub.html
> ) He
> refuses to change "Chicxulub meteorite" while at the
> same time admitting
> it is not a meteorite? (more 'misunderstanding or
> confusion') I thought
> he was legit, and then I looked at his research
> conclusions.
> (http://www.chicxulubmeteorite.com/) Making this
> short, I disagree with
> his conclusions.
>
> And what would Allan Treiman have to say about the
> new theory? Well, I
> asked him. He said, "The simplest explanation, with
> the data I have, is
> that Mr. Ray's rock is a piece of EAF slag." (EAF
> stands for Electric
> Arc Furnace).
> best,
> Ken Newton
> IMCA #9632
>

> Treiman, Allan wrote:
>
> >Hi, Meteorite list --
> >
> > From the data in that abstract, I'd be very
> cautious
> >this rock.
> >
> > First, the data in the abstract are not
> consistent with
> >themselves. For isntance the rock is cited as 45%
> anorthite,
> >but only 3.7% Al2O3. Anorthite contains ~36% Al2O3,
> so a
> >rock that is 45% anorthite must contain at least
> 45% of 36%
> >Al2O3, or 16% Al2O3. Only a factor of four off!!!
> >
> > Second, the chemical analysis is far off any
> known a moon rock.
> >It shows 26.15% SiO2, which is not even enough if
> the rock were
> >all olivine. The rock has 5.38% MnO, which is way
> more than any
> >lunar rock. An earth rock with that much MnO would
> be mined as
> >ore! The analysis has CaO of 39.6%, which is way
> higher than
> >any moon rock -- lunar anorthosite has ~19% CaO,
> and mare basalts
> >have ~8-12% CaO.
> >
> > If it is lunar, its like nothing else.
> >
> > Allan