[meteorite-list] "AD" What is wrong with sharing...

From: MARK BOSTICK <thebigcollector_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Fri, 22 Dec 2006 11:31:30 -0600

Hello Greg,

You wrote; "What is the big deal with "AD" postings? Some of you jump on
some phantom
bandwagon in hate of Ad-posters and the love wagon for those who never sell
anything."

In the last 24 hours the only AD posting comments I am aware of were in my
e-mails, which makes it appears you have labeled me an Ad-hater. (Mind you,
I don't think I read every post the last couple days.) But I should clarify
something, I am not an AD-hater...in fact I post ADs. I also do not think we
should have a limit on AD's, they just need to be correctly labeled with AD
in the subject. If a person really hated them, they could set their Outlook
to not see them. A person should use logic when posting. If you post a 43g
Gold Basin AD six times, you are likely to get blocked from potential future
customers.

The comments I made were towards people who do a lot of posting of
informaton, which I noted do not post ADs. What this shows to me something
about the person. They are adding to the pot but not trying to take from it.
This means either they love meteorites, are really good people, or both.

I would even go as far to say ADs are good. Me and you both make our living
selling things and I do think we should both eat and have electricity next
month. I personally do not post many meteorite ADs anymore, as I do not
really list many meteorites on ebay anymore and have removed the sale
section from my website.

Hope your brother and his neighbors are getting everything back in order.

Mark