[meteorite-list] Geminid report

From: mccartney <mccartney_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Sun, 17 Dec 2006 20:12:40 -0500

I've just returned from an expedition from a very rural location. I was fortunate to witness the Geminids at their peek.

I counted 91 meteors in one hour.

The best occured as I was setting up for the show and was looking down. I had my car suddenly illuminated and thought it was headlights until I saw the entire farm field light up. I look up in time to see the trail end of a phenominal fireball. No sound phenomenon, however.

Best part was that we found a 847g iron earlier that day. Great way to end an excellent day.

-mt
IMCA 2760

Sent via the WebMail system at blackbearddata.com