[meteorite-list] biggest taggish lake

From: Gerald Flaherty <grf2_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Sun, 17 Dec 2006 15:21:41 -0500

Hi Elton,
I live in Plymouth MA you might as well say on cape cod. I'm surrounded by
dense pitch pine forest, sprawling cranberry bogs and hundreds of lake sized
ponds. The forest makes meteorite hunting daunting, the bogs[a suitable
hunting environment] is off bounds legally. The thought crossed my mind that
the pond bottoms might provide suitable hunting grounds with an under water
metal detector.
Lack of O2 in the pond water should slow down the oxygenation processes.
These are the thoughts of a wouldbe meteorite hunter in a not too hospitable
home environment who probably won't get to travel to more exotic places
often enough to make a significant find.
Jerry Flaherty