[meteorite-list] Look at this great auction! I'm the bandwidth stealer!

From: Dave <dave28_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Thu, 14 Dec 2006 07:37:42 +0100

Hi list members!

I'm the seller "Basilicofresco". Yes, the bandwidth stealer!
First of all I wish to express my apologies to Jim Strope for the
direct linking of the image of one Sikote Alin crater.
When I wrote the auction layout in Turbolister I direct linked the
image in order to immediately see how well it fit.
On 5 December I read about the special discount on insertion fees and
I hurriedly put the auction on ebay. I simply forgot to replace the url.

I did not ask the permission for three reasons: the image was
copyright-free, I really don't need image hosting because I have my
own website without any traffic limit and I did not realized I was
still direct linking the image.

I don't read the meteorite-list and I corrected the problem as soon
some collectors warned me. If Jim would have sent me a message I
would immediately remove the direct link. I hope the extra traffic
(about 5MB) didn't cause you any significant damage.

By the way, nice joke Jim. (what an ugly couple!)

bye,