[meteorite-list] Look at this great auction!

From: Darren Garrison <cynapse_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Tue, 12 Dec 2006 21:57:54 -0500

On Wed, 13 Dec 2006 01:54:34 GMT, you wrote:

>suspension of a IMCA member. Just a simple notice that it is
>"impolite" to link to another dealer's website.

I would venture a guess that most people really don't stop to think about there
being any problem with linking to a photo on a web site, or think about
bandwidth costs. After all, most people don't run web sites or pay for
bandwidth, so they don't even realize that peope have to pay for it. You don't
have to pay to use MySpace or any of the other past and present free web sites,
and that is about the only experence people have with making a web page.

For instance, 20 MB of web space comes free with my broadband account. All the
times I've posted documents and photos and videos for access by the mailing
list, I put it in that space. I don't know how much it is accessed, I don't
know who accesses it, and I don't even know how/what softwere to use to find out
from where each file is accessed. If Charter has any type of bandwidth
restrictions on the free space, I've never read it, or heard complaints about me
overusing it, so I don't even think about it.