[meteorite-list] Fireball report from this morning in Utah

From: Chris Peterson <clp_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Wed, 6 Dec 2006 13:20:23 -0700

No reports here.

When you are 9 miles "south" of Mesquite on I15 you are actually driving
west, and I don't recall a rest area around there, so I'm not sure where
the guy is talking about. If you talk with him, be very careful with
directions. You really feel like you are driving south on that stretch,
but you aren't.

Given where he apparently saw it, it sounds like it might be SE of Las
Vegas somewhere. It might have been a good show from Vegas, but I don't
know how much faith you'd put in witnesses who are outside at 3am <g>.

Chris

Chris L Peterson
Cloudbait Observatory
http://www.cloudbait.com