[meteorite-list] Fusion Crust on Irons

From: E.P. Grondine <epgrondine_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Mon, 4 Dec 2006 18:03:41 -0800 (PST)

Hi all -

Might non-iron inclusions explain some of the
crusting?
Might iron meteorites with inclusions actually
fragment along inclusions during entry? Or might
heating the inclusions cause fragmentation?

I don't remember (hell, now a days I don't remember
much of anything) any inclusions in Sikote Ailins, but
from the notes here the "crusts" seem to pool in the
remaglyphs (or is that vugs?) in these.

Just some thoughts in the night.

good hunting,
Ed