[meteorite-list] collecting; and a question

From: VisualThinker7 at aol.com <VisualThinker7_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Fri, 1 Dec 2006 13:26:25 EST

1. First the question. Since I have thousands of small rocks I've
collected for use in my art, I think I should get a decent magnet and check to see
if any of them react.
Can anyone tell me where to buy a good magnet, and what kind (manufacturer,
strength, size etc.)?? I believe the strength of a magnet is measure in gauss,
 but I may be wrong. Does anyone pay attention to that? or is there just some
 particular size and weight of magnet you use?

2. I forgot to mention my small collection of paper currency.
CSA notes brought back from the Civil War by my great great grandfather (he
was in a New York regiment).
And Third Reich notes of various denominations brought back by my father
after his journey through France, Belgium and Germany, 62 years ago.
Also, some Woodstock / 60's memoribilia. (programs, zap comix, photo sleeves
from 45's).