[meteorite-list] monomict - genomict - polymict

From: MICHAEL TETTENBORN <tett_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Fri, 1 Dec 2006 14:04:37 -0500 (EST)

Bernd,

We should also understand "cumulate". Another common
adjective when describing eucrites.

As I understand things, cumulate refers to largish
crystals "accumulating" in a pile and relatively
undisturbed. So a cumulate eucrite formed deeper
within the parent body (Vesta) where temperature were
warmer and the crust more fluid? Will check my
references later.

When I looked at various eucrite pictures I was
reminded of Millbillillie but Millbillillie is not
listed as a cumulate eucrite in the Met. Base. Could
it be one? It has a very distinct crystal pile in my
opinion.

Cheers,

Mike